23 States and DC Sue the Trump Administration Over Rescinding Billions in Public Health Funding

CBS News
Trump administration sued by 23 states, D.C. over HHS cutting $11 billion in public health funding

"This massive and egregiously irresponsible cut of public health funding should put everyone on high alert to the depths this Administration is willing to go," said Attorney General Peter Neronha of Rhode Island, where the lawsuit was filed.

Left
CBS News
The Free Press (Tampa)
More Than Two Dozen States Sue Trump Admin Over Termination Of $11 Billion In Health Funds

A coalition of 26 states and the District of Columbia has filed a sweeping lawsuit against the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) and Secretary Robert F. Kennedy Jr., challenging the abrupt termination of $11 billion in public health funding that states say is critical to protecting residents and maintaining essential health services.

Middle
The Free Press (Tampa)
Washington Times
Democrat-led states sue Trump administration to block $12 billion cut to health grants

Filed in a Rhode Island federal court, the lawsuit argues that the Department of Health and Human Services lacked the authority to single-handedly cancel grants that Congress authorized for public health, mental health and addiction initiatives.

Right
Washington Times
Sponsored

Shipping Supplies in Stock at ULINE

From boxes & packing materials to tape & labels, we've got you covered. In stock & ships today.
View More

News Results

Democratic-led states sue to block Trump from $11 billion health funding cut
23 states and the District of Columbia are suing the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. The funds were used to track, prevent and control infectious diseases, including measles and bird flu. It was the latest wave of cuts to be overseen by the new health and human services secretary.
News Article Image
State attorneys general sue Trump administration over $12 billion in HHS cuts - Washington Examiner
$11.4 billion was cut from Centers for Disease Control and Prevention allocated to state and community health departments during the pandemic.
News Article Image
Kentucky Gov. Beshear joins multi-state lawsuit over Trump administration cuts to state health departments
The lawsuit was filed by New York Attorney General Letitia James Tuesday following recent decisions by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services to cut a substantial amount of funding. The lawsuit includes 23 states led by Democratic governors and the District of Columbia. Kentucky Governor Andy Beshear has vowed to challenge the funding cuts, calling them unlawful.
News Article Image
Washington sues over RFK Jr.’s canceled health funding
Washington is among 23 states that sued the Trump administration Tuesday over the cancellation of $12 billion in federal funding to address infectious diseases, substance abuse and mental illness. The lawsuit comes on the heels of the abrupt termination last week of grants related to disease tracking, vaccination efforts and other work that officials said could cost thousands of jobs.
News Article Image
Arizona joins multistate lawsuit against health funding cuts
Arizona joins lawsuit to stop Trump administration from rescinding $11.4B in health funding. 23 states and the District of Columbia, including Arizona’s Kris Mayes, argued in the complaint the move is illegal and will result in “serious harm to public health”
News Article Image
Facing $350M fed cut, NJ sues Trump administration to restore public health funding
New Jersey joined a coalition of states Tuesday suing the Trump administration to stop its plan to cut more than $11 billion in funding for public health initiatives. Health officials say the funds are used to track and contain influenza, RSV, measles, tuberculosis, and bird flu outbreaks.
News Article Image
Pa., N.J., Del. join lawsuit to stop federal funding cuts to health departments
Delaware, New Jersey and Pennsylvania joined 20 other states and Washington, D.C. in filing a lawsuit Tuesday. The suit comes about a week after state and local agencies were notified about funding cuts to services that support mental health care, substance use treatment, infectious disease monitoring and more.
News Article Image
23 state attorneys general sue Trump administration over decision to rescind billions in health funding
A coalition of state attorneys general sued the Trump administration on Tuesday. The lawsuit argues the cuts are illegal and puts public health across the country at risk. The money was allocated by Congress during the pandemic and mostly used for COVID-related efforts such as testing and vaccination. It also went to addiction and mental health programs.
News Article Image
Arizona among 23 states suing Trump administration over health funding cuts
Attorneys general from 23 states filed the suit against the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) and Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. They include Arizona Attorney General Kris Mayes, New York Attorney General Letitia James, Colorado Attorney General Phil Weiser, Kentucky Gov. Andy Beshear, Pennsylvania.
News Article Image
PA, NJ and Del. among states suing Trump administration over billions in lost public health funding
Democratic attorneys general in 23 states and Washington, DC, have filed a lawsuit against the US Department of Health and Human Services. They allege that the department's sudden rollback of $12 billion in public health funding was unlawful and harmful. Last week, the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention pulled back about $11.4 billion in funding.
News Article Image
California, other states sue Trump administration over cuts to CDC infectious disease funding
California, other states sue Trump administration over cuts to CDC infectious disease funding. California joined 23 other states and the District of Columbia in suing the Trump administration. The pullback in funding is a devastating hit to local health departments. Agencies in California alone stand to lose nearly $1 billion.
News Article Image
RFK Jr. illegally rescinded $11B in public health grants, states’ lawsuit says
The lawsuit was filed by 23 states and the District of Columbia. The complaint is in response to the recent termination of $11 billion in public health grants. The litigation is led by Colorado, California, Minnesota, Rhode Island, and Washington. Nearly all of the plaintiffs are represented by a Democratic attorney general.
News Article Image
Sponsored

Shipping Supplies in Stock at ULINE

From boxes & packing materials to tape & labels, we've got you covered. In stock & ships today.
View More
WORLD STORY

Volcanic Eruption Prompts Evacuation of Blue Lagoon and Icelandic Town

Updated: 2 minutes ago
Search for: Eli Lilly Cholesterol Drug
WORLD STORY

Liberal Canadian MP Paul Chiang Quits Race After Suggesting People Claim China's Bounty on Conservative Rival

Updated: 19 minutes ago
POLITICS STORY

Cory Booker Staffer Arrested for Allegedly Bringing Gun to the Capitol Before Senator Began Marathon Speech

Updated: 39 minutes ago
POLITICS STORY

House Cancels Votes for the Week After GOP Rep. Anna Paulina Luna Defeats Speaker Johnson's Attempt to Quash Proxy Voting for New Moms

Updated: 1 hour ago
NEWS STORY

Six Injured After Truck Crashes Into Storefront in Boston's Chinatown in 'Tragic Accident', Police Say

Updated: 2 hours ago