IDF Kills 15 in Lebanon as Thousands Attempt to Return to Their Homes in Defiance of Israeli Military Orders

BBC News
Deadline for Israeli withdrawal from Lebanon expires, but troops will stay

Israeli soldiers have killed 15 people and wounded more than 80 in southern Lebanon, the Lebanese health ministry says, as the Israeli military remained in parts of the country after the expiration of a deadline for their withdrawal, and Hezbollah's removal from the area. On Sunday morning, thousands of residents returned to towns and villages along the border, despite warnings by the Lebanese and Israeli armies, and the UN, that the region remained unsafe. Israel said the 60-day ceasefire agreement with Hezbollah had not been fully implemented, and it remained unclear how many of its soldiers remained in Lebanon or how long they would stay. According to the Lebanese health ministry, Israeli forces attacked people as they tried to enter locations that were still under occupation. The Lebanese army said one of its soldiers had been killed and another wounded by Israeli fire.

Left
BBC News
AP NEWS
15 reported killed in Lebanon as Israeli forces remain after a withdrawal deadline

Israeli forces in southern Lebanon on Sunday opened fire on protesters demanding their withdrawal in line with a ceasefire agreement, killing at least 15 and injuring more than 80, Lebanese health officials reported. The dead included two women and a Lebanese army soldier, the Health Ministry said in a statement. People were reported wounded in more than a dozen villages in the border area. Demonstrators, some of them carrying Hezbollah flags, attempted to enter several villages to protest Israel’s failure to withdraw from southern Lebanon by the 60-day deadline stipulated in a ceasefire agreement that halted the Israel-Hezbollah war in late November.

Middle
AP NEWS
Fox News
Ceasefire disputes between Israel and Hamas, Hezbollah throw region into turmoil

Israeli forces also announced Friday that they will not fully withdraw from southern Lebanon as the ceasefire requires until the Lebanese government fully implements its own responsibilities. According to the agreement, both groups were expected to make withdrawals by Sunday. "IDF troops operating in southern Lebanon fired warning shots to remove threats in a number of areas where suspects were identified approaching the troops," the IDF wrote in a Sunday statement. "Additionally, a number of suspects in proximity to IDF troops that posed an imminent threat to the troops were apprehended and are currently being questioned at the scene."

Right
Fox News
Sponsored

Shipping Supplies in Stock at ULINE

From boxes & packing materials to tape & labels, we've got you covered. In stock & ships today.
View More

News Results

Israeli forces fire on residents returning to south Lebanon as withdrawal deadline expires
Residents were trying to return to their homes as a 60-day deadline for Israeli troops to withdraw from south Lebanon expired. Israeli government had signaled it intended to stay because the terms of a ceasefire deal with Hezbollah had not been fully implemented. Israel has not said how long its forces would remain in the south.
News Article Image
15 reported killed in Lebanon as Israeli forces opens fire on returnees
The dead included two women and a Lebanese army soldier, the Health Ministry says. People were reported wounded in more than a dozen villages in the border area. Demonstrators attempted to enter several villages to protest Israel’s failure to withdraw from southern Lebanon by the 60-day deadline stipulated in a ceasefire agreement.
News Article Image
Live: Israeli troops kill three in south Lebanon as Trump floats plan to 'clean out' Gaza
Israeli forces kill three people and wounded more than 30 more trying to return to their homes in southern Lebanon. Israeli troops remained on the ground after a deadline for their withdrawal passed on Sunday, Lebanon's health ministry said. Follow our liveblog for all the latest developments in south Lebanon.
News Article Image
Israel kills 15, wounds 80 as displaced south Lebanon residents force their way back - UPI.com
Israeli forces killed 15 people and wounded 80 others Sunday when displaced residents of southern Lebanon defied Israel’s decision not to withdraw from border villages and tried to return home.
News Article Image
Israeli forces kill 15 people in south Lebanon as residents try to return, Lebanese authorities say
Israel said Friday it would keep troops in the south beyond the Sunday deadline set out in a U.S.-brokered ceasefire that halted last year’s war with Hezbollah. Thousands of people tried to return to their homes in defiance of Israeli military orders, Lebanese authorities said.
News Article Image
News Article Image
Israeli airstrike kills 4 in Lebanon; U.N. demands answers over Gaza aid workers found in mass grave
Lebanese health ministry: Israeli airstrike kills four people in Beirut suburb of Dahiyeh. Israel says it killed Hassan Ali Badir, a member of Iran's Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps. Hezbollah has condemned the strike, saying it violated international laws. Israel and Hezbollah have accused each other of violating a four-month truce.
News Article Image
Middle East latest: Palestinians struggle to find food in Gaza; Israeli strike in Beirut kills 4
The airstrike came just days after Israel launched its first attack on the Lebanese capital. At least seven other people were wounded in Tuesday’s strike, according to the Lebanese Health Ministry.Palestinians in the Gaza Strip, meanwhile, report finding it harder to find food amid bakery closures.
News Article Image
UN condemns killing of health and rescue workers
The bodies of fifteen rescue and health workers were found buried in a shallow grave in southern Gaza. Israeli forces shot and killed the workers before crushing their vehicles and burying them in what's being described as a mass grave. Israel believes the workers were members of Hamas and the Islamic Jihad.
News Article Image
Israel issues wide-ranging evacuation order for southern Gaza - The Boston Globe
Israel orders the evacuation of most of Rafah in the southern Gaza Strip. The move comes a day after the bodies of more than a dozen emergency personnel were recovered from a mass grave. The Israeli military has pushed back into Rafah, launching air and artillery strikes. Palestinians who had recently returned under a cease-fire have been forced to flee.
News Article Image
Qassam Carries Out First Operation as Israel Kills 1,000 since War Resumed
Gaza’s Ministry of Health reported that 1,000 people have been killed since Israel resumed its assault on the Strip two weeks ago.
News Article Image
Devastated Lebanon village marks Eid among its dead
Lebanese village of Aitaroun marks Eid al-Fitr among its dead. More than 100 residents, including fighters from Hezbollah, were killed during the war. The war between the militant group and Israel ended with a fragile ceasefire in November. Few people have returned to live or to reopen businesses.
News Article Image
Sponsored

Shipping Supplies in Stock at ULINE

From boxes & packing materials to tape & labels, we've got you covered. In stock & ships today.
View More
Search for: Eli Lilly Cholesterol Drug