IDF Orders Rafah Evacuation to Pressure Hamas Into Accepting Ceasefire Deal, Releasing Hostages

Haaretz
Israel Sees Mass South Gaza Evacuation Orders as Way to Pressure Hamas on Hostage Deal

Israel's military on Monday issued evacuation orders for Rafah and surrounding areas in southern Gaza to pressure Hamas into accepting its cease-fire proposal, according to defense establishment sources.

Left
Haaretz
Straight Arrow News
Gaza evacuation ordered; US airstrikes intensify in Yemen

The Israeli military issued sweeping evacuation orders Monday, March 31, for most of Rafah in southern Gaza, signaling a potential ground offensive.

Middle
Straight Arrow News
Breitbart
Israel issues evacuation orders for Rafah - Breitbart

Israel on Monday issued evacuation orders for the southern Palestinian city of Rafah, as its military continues to assault Gaza and prospects of resuming the short lived cease-fire remain uncertain. Residents of Rafah, municipalities of Al-Nasr and Al-Shawka and Al-Salam, Al-Manara and Qizan Al-Najjar neighborhoods were ordered to evacuate, Israel Defense Forces Arabic-language spokesman Avichay Adraee said on X.

Right
Breitbart
Sponsored

Shipping Supplies in Stock at ULINE

From boxes & packing materials to tape & labels, we've got you covered. In stock & ships today.
View More

News Results

Israel orders mass evacuation of Rafah as offensive intensifies
The IDF has resumed major operations in southern Gaza; residents have been told to relocate immediately to the Al-Mawasi safe zone.
News Article Image
IDF to evacuate Rafah imminently if Hamas fails to free hostages
Diplomatic source: Evacuation of remaining Palestinian civilians from Rafah could be imminent. Israeli invasions in so many parts of Gaza and ongoing evacuations of Palestinian civilians, Hamas is losing any benefit it received from Israel, source says. IDF has not come close yet to exercising its full power against Gaza, official says.
News Article Image
Israel issues evacuation orders for Rafah
Residents of Rafah, municipalities of Al-Nasr and Al-Shawka, ordered to evacuate. Israel has resumed fighting Hamas in Gaza since the 42-day cease-fire ended mid-January. 1.5 million of the 2.2 million Palestinians in the enclave were evacuated amid the offensive.
News Article Image
Israel Intensifies Offensive with Evacuation Orders in Rafah
Israel has issued evacuation orders for most of Rafah in the Gaza Strip. The move indicates an escalation in the conflict as Israel ends a previously established ceasefire. The resumption of hostilities marks a significant intensification in the ongoing conflict, deeply affecting the region's civilian population caught in the crossfire.
News Article Image
Gazans flee southern city of Rafah after Israel military orders evacuation
Israeli military orders residents in and around the southern Gaza city of Rafah to evacuate their homes. Some travelled by foot or by bike, while others pushed makeshift carts loaded with belongings. "The IDF (military) is returning to fight with great force to eliminate the capabilities of terrorist organisations in these areas," military says.
News Article Image
Middle East latest: Israel prepares to move deeper into Gaza and issues new evacuation orders
Israel ended its ceasefire with Hamas and renewed its air and ground war earlier this month. At the beginning of March it cut off all supplies of food, fuel, medicine and humanitarian aid to the territory’s roughly 2 million Palestinians. At least eight rockets were launched into Israel on March 22 and 28.
News Article Image
Israeli military orders evacuation of most of Rafah in Gaza
The Israeli military has ordered the evacuation of most of Gaza's southern city of Rafah. The orders come after Israel ended a ceasefire and renewed its air and ground war against Hamas earlier this month. Israel launched a major operation in Rafah, on the border with Egypt, last May, leaving large parts of it in ruins.
News Article Image
Israeli army orders new evacuations in Rafah as Gaza death toll surpasses 50,000
Israeli army orders new evacuations in Rafah as Gaza death toll surpasses 50,000
News Article Image
Israeli forces order evacuation for most of Rafah ahead of attack on the area
Israeli forces order evacuation for most of Rafah ahead of attack on the area. Earlier this month, Israel ended its ceasefire with Hamas and renewed its air and ground attacks. The military ordered civilians to head to Mawasi, where tent camps were set up along the coast.
News Article Image
‘Returning With Great Force’: IDF Orders Evacuation of Rafah, Continues Operations Throughout Gaza
The IDF issued an evacuation order for Palestinians in the southern city of Rafah and parts of neighboring Khan Younis on March 31. IDF Arabic language spokesman Col. Avichay Adraeepostedthe order on social media with an accompanying map instructing residents to go to the coastal Mawasi safe zone. The following day, the IDFreportedthat its troops were conducting operations to expand the security perimeter in northern and central Gaza.
News Article Image
Israel Orders Mass Evacuation in Rafah Ahead of 'Intense Operations' Against Hamas
The evacuation order comes as Israeli forces move to retake control of Rafah. The Israeli military had withdrawn from Rafah as part of January's ceasefire agreement. Israel on March 18 resumed military operations in Gaza after Hamas failed to release 59 remaining hostages, including 24 who are believed to be alive.
News Article Image
IDF plans to take more of Gaza if Hamas rejects U.S. hostage and ceasefire deal
Residents of Rafah, in southern Gaza, received notices from the IDF to evacuate the area and move north of the city
News Article Image
Sponsored

Shipping Supplies in Stock at ULINE

From boxes & packing materials to tape & labels, we've got you covered. In stock & ships today.
View More
WORLD STORY

Ontario Premier Doug Ford Says Canada Would Drop All Tariffs If Trump Backs Off Trade War

Updated: 3 minutes ago
POLITICS STORY

Trump Slams Four 'Disloyal' GOP Senators For Pushing Back Against Canada Tariffs

Updated: 26 minutes ago
POLITICS STORY

Democrat Mallory McMorrow Launches Campaign for Michigan's Open Senate Seat

Updated: 1 hour ago
SPORTS STORY

All-Star CF Jackson Merrill Agrees to Nine-Year, $135 Million Contract Extension with Padres

Updated: 1 hour ago
WORLD STORY

Israel Announces Plan to Capture 'Large Areas' of Gaza: 'This is the Only Way to End the War'

Updated: 2 hours ago
WORLD STORY

Israel Cancels All Tariffs on US Imports Ahead of Trump's Reciprocal Levies

Updated: 3 hours ago